For the final project. I wanted to combined what I have always wanted to do together, which is exploration of light and algorithm of the nature.
- Reflective Kinematronic II – Mobility – JOACHIM SAUTER
- Patterns of Harmony
- INTERACTIVE DYNAMIC ABSTRACTION – Scott Snibbe
After finding inspirations online and local, I have this idea of abstract the imagery of moon. In my opinion, moon is also a symbol of life other than sun. Both the normal image of moon and the imagination people have added to it are dynamic and flowing. The movement of moonlight, the movement of the tide and thus the movement of the reflection of sea wave…In the process of finding these dynamic patterns that represent the moon, I finalised my idea for final project.
My final project will be three modes of patterns that stand for moon, these patterns will be projected onto a specific shape of object that could reflect the light coming from the projector. The 3 patterns are generated specifically for the fixed shape of object and will use projection mapping to map the outlines of patterns precisely. The movement of the patterns is controlled by movements of human body which detected by Kinect.
In terms of patterns, they will be as natural as they can to simulate the movement of the nature world. The patterns that I came up with for now if as followed.
- Simulation of the wax and wane of moon by changing the direction and brightness of the light from projector. ( The direction of light is changed by the movement of hand)
- Abstract movement of lines and wave, inspired by water wave. The tempo of movement controls the amplitude of the line wave. Lines are grouped by the form of our fixed shape of object.
- The shadow of moon in the water is like a mirror which deform whatever is mirrored.