Here comes the final.
This time I still want to do something related to lines and light. I was sitting at home the other day. I found the shadow of my fingers crossing is interesting especially when they are conducting the action of crossing. So I started to generate some ideas for crossing moving lines.
After some idea generating process, I figured I should find a way to mount my servos in an unnormal angle. So I started using Rhino to model basic possibilities.
Then I found out in order to make the above model happen, I have to drill a square hole into a wood bar. I searched on the Internet but found out I need a square bit. So I changed my plan to using laser cutter to cut multi pieces of thin wood and glue them together.
I calculated the dimension of the servo and drew them in Illustrator .
Because I was not quite sure about the dimension of the holes. So I tested them on a card board.
It looked good. So I inserted my 1/8 plywood into the laser. (So scared!
Luckily, it turnt out good. Then I used wood glue and C clamps to glue the parts together.
At first, I wanted to buy a lighting panel or lighting board. After I checked 2 lighting plus store, I found out that either it is expansive or they don`t have it in their store. So I moved to planB, which is build a light board myself.
I bought some led strip light and cut them into pieces.
I used the parallel circuit to combine the four of them with the same 12v battery and then I added a switch to them.
Later on, I rearranged the board a little bit to make it less messy. (Front and Back)
After the glue is dried, I drilled holes into the side of my glued board, which is hard, because they are easy to tear apart from each other than the normally whole wood.
Then I wanted to use wood joints to combine the light board with the servo holder top. But it was hard to measure and mark the accurate place to drill.
I messed up one of them. So I sanded it off and did it again.
In the end, I needed to make my lines.
Initially, I intended to use iron rod to make it more straight. But there were two problem, one is my little servo might not be able to hold iron rods up. The other is I could not find a way to weld the rods together. So I moved to the wires in our shop, which is light and could be sodered together.
Then I used glue them to fix it onto my servo.
After all the above, I inserted my servos into their holder and program them a little bit.